New 3D printer!

I am in no way sponsored for any reviews. This is just my personal experience.


My first 2 brands of 3D printers failed because of power failures in our village. Should not have happened, as printers are made to deal with those. Both Elegoo and Creality had an non-existing helpdesk and glad that Amazon refunded me.


I was fed up and decided to buy an expensive printer which was extremely popular in print farms. In the 2 years that I had it, their helpdesk does exist, but was really usless to fix issues. They shipped parts to replace, then had the printed shipped back, and didn't fix it properly. It only printed so-so. I contacted their helpdesk again when all printing failed again and was actually THREATENED by email!!  At that point, it was clear that I would never buy a Prusa ever again. I found out recently that I am not the only one who they did that to!!


I told hub that there was only one thing left to before tossing it out to the garbage, which was to completely replace the nozzle, as it kept coming loose. That took all day, as it involves a ton of dismantling, software updates and recalibrating. Due to my disability, hub has to do that. It fixed the initial problem completely! Now, why didn't they replace it in the first place?? Finally, after 20 months of struggling, it worked properly!


A couple of months later, 20 days after its warranty passed, 4 parts failed simultaniously, sigh. Coincidence? I don't think so!!! Grrrrr!!!


The past 2 years, everyone raved about a new brand called Bambu Lab. I am pretty sure Prusa feels the burn badly. If you keep knitting minor improvemets to a very od design, no wonder! Bambu made huge improvements in designing printers. 


Last Christmas, they made a simple inexpensive model which could print in 4 colors, something that I never was able before. Months later, being sure that they corrected any problems with it, as this company actually makes instant corrections when people report issues, I was sure this was a good buy at 1/3 of what my Prusa had cost!


Bambu Lab A1 is WAY better indeed! Lots more technology goes behind it, error detections and suggestions, automated printing in any way you can think of. No more deep diving into the slicer settings to make a print go, it just works! It's also way more quiet and 5 times faster and it's very quite in comparison to the printers I had before. This comes as close as being as easy as printing on paper that I have ever seen! Gasp!


Now 
don't be fooled, you still need to be able to fiddle with 3D designs a bit and be able to handle a device which is a lot more complicated than a paper printer, but this is as easy as I ever hoped for. Sure, the technology is still evolving, but I am finally impressed.


I have not dealt with their helpdesk yet, but people seem to be OK with their help.


Time to get printing again! Here's Mr Goatie holding the printer logo at my new car, which I adore so much, it's my favorite Sylv car!


Although 2 huge projects will not be printed before we move in a few years, I did have some small projects to print and left them be because I lacked color printing before, because it took way too long to print them during waking hours, and because previous printer was aggravating to try and make it work. Yes, I could have painted prints, but my disability makes that hard. And, paint can chip easily, this doesn't!


My theatre fell apart. I guess the wood must have been wet when I bought it, it must have been out in the rain before it was placed in the DIY store. I did dry it a few days on my radiator, but if I had known, I would have dried it for a few weeks. It started shrinking so hard soon after I made it's storyline vid. Parts kept being glued on over and over and eventually, it was beyond repair, as paint started to chip and a piece fell off and damaged a Sylvanian's fur. It was dismantled and the damaged parts were tossed. I am contemplating on fully 3D printing a new one in colors, yet it will be way better than the first attempt!


As it had to be cleared, it allowed to redo that part of my diorama completely. It was hard to dust in the carnore behind it, so the table causing the obstruction to have perfect access was dragged out as well. That was a great idea, as with the new printer, I needed that table badly! 



Lol, a nice detail:it poops! When it loads, unloads and swaps filament fairly automatically and it tosses small pieces of plastic. I printed a poop bucket for it and named it BamPoo instead of Bambu, lol!



Look at that first layer, that's just perfect! The first layer determins the quality of the entire print, it can't get any better than this!



The smaller projects will be coming up the next months. I also have some more 3D designing to do for it. And design a new theatre. Keep your eyes peeled for future blogs!


Comments

  1. Hi - bit random but I have a Angelina figurine - "Alice with Green Tutu". Is it something you'd be interested in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sealed in the box - never opened

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the offer, but I have her triple already.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angelina Ballerina Sylvanians: origins.

Community Centre 3D printed: Part 4/4.