The new sweet store

My sweet store was just big enough to have space for all my current sweets. I had expanded it to it's maximum depth and stability, as honestly, each display of sweets has a tangible weight to it. The empty displays are all shoe shop displays, the perfect fifties style for holding cakes and pastry.

I figured I needed to do something drastic. I bought the Town Royal Hotel from a friend and it was perfect for what I needed. That said, still not big enough for future additions. *hides in shame*

I bought 2 Town series lookalike boats, as the boat cabins can fit right into the Town as a side building. I designed a 3D floor slab to fit all levels, with a honeycomb tile floor. I had a tower dome left from another Town inspired rip-off series, which I kept for a few years now. The top floor slab was designed with slots where the dome and it's decorative front piece could slide into. The dome was burgundy, I repainted it in a color to fit next to the hotel. 

The boat cabins were pink, and I sprayed them taupe, to also match the hotel, yet a bit paler. I printed 2 vases in the bronze color which is also used in the hotel. I love the hotel's color scheme, it's stunning.

My town setup is placed on a series of identical cabinets, set side by side and back to back. Unfortunately there is a slight height difference, as they have different size wheels. And, as I have 7 cabinets, not 8, the one gap is filled with a table which has yet another height. This made it a bit trickier to compose the town center of JollyOaksfield. 

I also expanded the total length by a few inches, using a leftover piece of wood, trying to maximize the entire setup space and to make it look "logical". Too long to explain, you will see so soon, when my last diorama vid will be made. I am currently printing a few tiny stores to fit into the town, which I custom designed, in the same style as the town buildings to make it complete. Hopefully in a few weeks, it will be finished.

To make use of empty displays for future cakes, they just look like someone is cleaning them.

So, here it is, my sweet store, the former hotel. The height difference in it's levels is caused by the wooden expansion I was talking about. My Sylvs enjoy eating sweets in style, rofl! Enjoy!









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angelina Ballerina Sylvanians: origins.

Community Centre 3D printed: Part 4/4.

Asian Sylvanians and 3D prints.