Fifties Diner

This is another recap of an old blog and a page from my old blog site, transferred and combined to this blog site. 

At some point, before I started 3D printing, I realized that Epoch will probably never produce a diner, because it would not be cost effective, due to the smaller interest group by default, and the current demographic obviously being addressed to children and not adult collectors.

1/12 scaled diners hardly existed 4 years ago and now even. Still, none looked appealing back then and now, and the so-so ones still cost an arm and a leg. The option to build wooden items from scratch is long gone since I became disabled and hub hates the unfinished looks buildings blocks, which was a rather costly alternative too.

Hub preferred a real Sylvanian building and showed me a few Sylvanian restaurants which he thought I could use, but those still didn't appeal to me, as none looked like a vintage diner, but just like ... a restaurant ...

Him scrolling trough images made me stumble onto a Country Clinic ... and I immediately thought that 2 of those back to back would actually make a neat diner! And, even better, it's in ivory and mint green, 2 of my favorite diner colors, woooohoooooooo!! Why did I not think of that before! That meant it didn't even need any painting! Fiddling with it and filling it to make it look as I envisioned it, took months though, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Hub helped with a few tools, as always. I did have an entire box full of mice for it, which I kept for a large project. A diner filled with mice seemed just the perfect silliness I was looking for!


































Comments

  1. Wow! I must have missed this on your original blog. Maybe it was when I had a slower tablet and it was difficult to navigate. With blogspot it is easier to locate items too, so I'll be able to return to this post and marvel anew.

    You really are skilled in these custom buildings/accessories. Thanks for sharing again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angelina Ballerina Sylvanians: origins.

Community Centre 3D printed: Part 4/4.

Asian Sylvanians and 3D prints.